Hi, I’m Ms. Nguyen and welcome to our class website, The Nguyeners (pronounced winners). Here you will find everything you need as a student and parent, including fun games and educational videos. So, please scroll down, enjoy your time here, and contact me if you have any questions.
Click on the image below to read the weekly objectives and homework. If the post doesn’t open, right click and select “open link”.
Click on the image below to read each post and scroll right to see past posts. If the post doesn’t open, right click and select “open link”.
This calendar includes homework, quiz and test dates, parent-teacher conferences dates, early dismissal, and school events and holidays. All dates are subject to change without notification.
Click on the task to read details.
Key: CWE Events | Quizzes & Tests | In-Class Projects & Experiments
You may call me at (281) 327-3299. Please note that the phone will not ring during class hours (7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.) and you will be prompted to leave a voicemail. I can access email more easily and often than voicemail during the school day. If there is an emergency, please call the front office at (281) 634-5120.
If you would like to request a conference during the school year, please email me or complete the form below at least a week in advance. This way, I can accommodate everyone’s schedule as best as possible.
Please email me or complete this form before 7:30 a.m. to notify us that your child is changing the way he/she goes home. If it is after 7:30 a.m., please call the front office and they will notify us.
If your child is a daycare rider, please inform the daycare that your child is absent.
Thank you so much to all the families who have donated and made our classroom a wonderful place to learn!
Research shows flexible seating help students focus better since they get their wiggles out in a non-disruptive way
– Wobble stools
– Student adjustable stools: red | blue | green
– 16 inch stools: red | blue | green
– 18 inch stools: green
– Teacher adjustable stool: black
– Wobble cushion: red | blue | green
– Portable lap desk: red | blue | green
– Scoop chairs
– Cosco Three Step Max Steel Work Platform
In order by most needed
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard Thank you to Lorena’s family!
Printer ink Thank you to Ethan’s family!
– Vogek headphones: 4 green | 3 blue | 3 red
– 6 packs of erasable highlighters (for reading small groups)
– Double-sided tape
– Extra-fine point pens
– Sit spots (for students to know where to sit quickly)
– Gumball machine (for tiny erasers as rewards)
– 2 packs of whiteboard erasers
– Expo Brightstick markers
5 3 Lab coats (size 8/10) Thank you to Luke’s family for 2 lab coats!
– Amazon gift cards to purchase science books (books are cheaper here than at Barnes and Noble)
– Books that advocates girls to pursue jobs involving STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
Ada Twist, Scientist Thank you to Eva’s family for the book and Amazon gift card!
– Iggy Peck, Architect
– Rosie Revere, Engineer
– Science vocabulary picture cards (set 3 & 4)
– Amazon gift cards to purchase books (books are cheaper here than at Barnes and Noble)
– 7 copies of James and the Giant Peach (for reading small groups)
– 7 copies of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (for reading small groups)
– 7 copies of Because of Winn-Dixie (for reading small groups)
– 7 copies of The One and Only Ivan (for reading small groups)
– None at this time
My name is Kimberly Nguyen (pronounced win) and this is my 11th year teaching third grade at Commonwealth Elementary. I’ve attended Fort Bend ISD schools growing up and am delighted to be teaching in the district that helped me flourish. In 2007, I graduated summa cum laude from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Teaching and Learning. I also earned certifications to teach ESL, GT, and special education students. I student taught here at Commonwealth during my last semester of college and absolutely loved this school and its students. During my first year of teaching, I was awarded Rookie Teacher of the Year for all of FBISD! I’m thankful for that honor and acknowledgment.
I have a great passion for teaching and work hard to engage students in learning through lessons that are hands-on and incorporate the arts. I enjoy working with children and helping them reach for their dreams and seeing the leader within through their education. I believe every child should be valued and treated with respect. An education should empower a child and help him or her make a positive contribution to our world. I believe in open and honest communication with all parents to help our children be successful. The best way to get in touch with me is through email, as I frequently check it.
When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my family, friends, and puppy, Nana. My joy is baking and decorating all sorts of desserts. I made the egg sugar cookies you see as the background image here! For the past few years, I have practiced my calligraphy skills through a local calligrapher and especially love using gold ink. Last summer, I vacationed at Cancun, Banff, and attended San Diego Comic-Con!
It is going to be a wonderful year and I am very excited to work with you and your children.
I’m at the Cup Ramen Museum in Yokohama. I made my own ramen!