Monday, 5/13 is the math STAAR test and Tuesday, 5/14 is the reading STAAR test. There will be no homework next week and for the remainder of the school year. Your child will need a good night’s sleep the night before and eat a healthy and filling breakfast the morning of each test.
- One non messy snack
- If you bring fruit, cut up it and bring a fork
- Water bottle
- Please do not fill it with juice or milk
- Block eraser
- If possible, please use the white hi-polymer block eraser instead of the pink one as the pink one tends to leave marks
- Pencils will be provided for the STAAR test
- 2 books to read after the STAAR tests
- Please put a post-it with their name and class number on the front of the books
- A sack lunch (does not need to be put in a paper sack)
We will go over STAAR Tips & Expectations on Friday, 5/10. Please review these tips with your child again Sunday, 5/12 (for the math STAAR) and Monday, 5/13 (for the reading STAAR). Cougar folders will go home on Wednesday, 5/15.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment here in case other parents have similar questions.